How does vapesmith.co.nz use my personal information?
- YOUR PRIVACY
You may change your details at any time by advising us in writing via email. All information we receive from our customers via our website is protected by our secure server. www.vapesmith.co.nz’s secure server software encrypts all customer information before it is sent to us. Furthermore, all customer data collected via our website is secured against unauthorised use or access. Credit card information is not stored by us on our servers.
- COLLECTION, STORAGE AND SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
When you interact with us, we may collect information that can personally identify you ("Personal Data"). This Personal Data may include, but is not limited to, your name, date of birth, phone number, address email address and the reasons you have purchased some of our products.
We may collect Personal Data when you visit our stores, website, or that you provide to us in any other way from time to time. This may include when you provide feedback or ask questions about us and our products or services, change your content or email preferences, respond to a survey or email communication, communicate with our customer support, or otherwise engage with or contact us.
We collect Personal Data for a variety of reasons including, but not limited to, to enable us to meet our legal obligations, or to show we have met our legal obligations, when providing products or services to you, to process your product order, to provide you with customer support, to respond to your requests, comments or feedback, and to send you information about our stores, website, products or services.
We strive to ensure the security, integrity, and privacy of Personal Data you submit to us through our stores or website, by email address or otherwise, and we periodically update our security measures in light of current technologies.
- USE AND DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may use Personal Data collected from you for the purpose of providing you with direct marketing material (including via email or texts), updates regarding our website, information in the form of a newsletter and to improve our products, services and business operations.
We will only send you information if you have registered or subscribed to such publications by registering your details with us. However, if you wish to cease receiving any such information, you may let us know either by email or unsubscribing at any time and your request will be actioned immediately.
We will use all reasonable means to protect the confidentiality of your Personal Data while in our possession or control. We will not knowingly share any of your Personal Data with any third party other than with:
- Law enforcement or Government agencies when we are legally obliged to or where it is necessary for us to show we have met our legal obligations, such as showing the certain products were purchased for specific, lawful purposes. For example, we may from time to time need to disclose certain information, which may include your Personal Data, to comply with a legal requirement, such as a law, regulation, court order, subpoena, warrant, in the course of a legal proceeding, or to respond to a request by a regulatory body or law enforcement agency.
- Third parties where it is necessary for the sale or transfer of some of our assets or our business. For example, if there is a change of control in one of our businesses (whether by merger, sale, transfer of assets or otherwise) customer information, which may include your Personal Data, could be disclosed to a potential purchaser (or their advisers) under a confidentiality agreement. We would only disclose your Personal Data in good faith.
- Third parties where we need to use or disclose your Personal Data to protect the rights, property or safety of www.vapesmith.co.nz, our business, our customers or third parties.
Any non-personal information, communications and material you send to our website or to us by email, or which we obtain from third parties without promises of confidentiality, may be kept, used and disclosed by us on a non-confidential basis. We are free to use and reproduce any such information freely, and for any purpose whatsoever. Specifically, we will be free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques contained in such information for any purpose, including developing, manufacturing or marketing products.
We do not and will not sell or deal in personal or customer information. We will never disclose your personal details to a third party except the necessary information required by providers of products or services you have purchased or to protect the rights, property or safety of www. vapesmith.co.nz, our customers or third parties or if required by law.
We may, however, use in a general sense without any reference to your name, your information to create marketing statistics, identify user demands and to assist it in meeting customer needs generally. In addition, we may use the information that you provide to improve our stores, our website, and services but not for any other use.
- COOKIES AND PIXELS